VitalStim® therapy is an effective treatment therapy for patients suffering from Dysphagia or Swallowing problems encountered.
VitalStim Plus neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) helps recruit and re-educate muscles in the process of swallowing.
Interactive Therapy provides visual and audible feedback for enhanced patient engagement during swallowing exercises.
Nmes Treatment For Dysphagia
• VitalStim waveform is delivered in Co-Contraction Mode with up to 4 channels. Customize treatment by adjusting Phase Duration, Frequency, and Work and Rest Time.
• VMS treatment offers flexibility by sequencing stimulation in various channels to match the natural swallowing sequence.
• Muscle's electrical signals are measured and displayed on a screen, amplified into sounds for patient feedback. This motivates patients and provides data and documentation.
sEMG + Triggered Stimulation:
• Patient initiates swallowing exercise with sEMG biofeedback assistance. When threshold is reached, VitalStim Plus switches to stimulation mode to increase effort and exercise load.
• Project live treatment progress on a computer or tablet screen. Screen mirroring technology helps therapists guide patients via personalized swallowing exercises.